Monday, September 15, 2008

JFK 50 Week 8 of 18

 
Posted by Picasa


Week Ending Sunday, September 14:

Monday- 4.5 Usually a SRD but my afternoon cleared so I went for a short run
Tuesday-7
Wednesday- 10 Trails
Thursday- 7
Friday- off
Saturday- 20
Sunday- off-weather

48.5 total miles for the week. I would have been in the 60 mpw range if I ran yesterday, but there was too much wind, too much stuff blowing around.

Sometimes it seems like this training has been going on forever and sometimes it seems like November 22 is coming too soon.

The Megatransect (October 4) is 24.9 miles but with 4 killer climbs and 2 other significant uphill efforts plus 4 cruel downhills. I'd love to do it in 7.5 hours which will be the longest time I've been out there for this training cycle. With 5000 feet of elevation gain (and loss) it's a tough course. It's a long travel haul for me, so it won't be followed up by any significant mileage the next day.

I have a 50K on October 19 and I'm planning to attempt a 20-mile effort the next day. There is an 8-hour cut off time. It's in Cincinnati, a 90 minute drive so I'll go up the race day and drive home after.

The following week I plan to cut my mid week runs and maybe, maybe, think about a 10 hour run/walk 3 weeks out on November 2 or a 25/25 b2b weekend for the last big training week.

No comments: