Monday, September 08, 2008

JFK 50 Week 7 of 18


For the week ending September 7, 2008


Monday- 9 miles on the trails in Cincinnati, hillier and a lot more technical than I'm used to.
Tuesday- 2 miles in my neighborhood, recovery, just to loosen up my legs.
Wednesday- 7 hot humid miles
Thursday- off
Friday- 5 on the trails
Saturday- 8.5 trails and 4.5 paved park
Sunday- 10 miles paved park

Total 46 miles.

22.5 trail miles and 23.5 asphalt miles.

Physically I feel pretty good.

My knees feel tight when I squat down. Not pain, just tight, like maybe I won't get all the way down. I have been (predictably) bad about strength training. I always start a weight lifting program with the best of intentions but never have stuck with it for more than a few weeks. I do think lifting will help me overall with recovery from all the miles, and it will certainly help with core strength (form) while I'm running.

Mentally, I'm drawing on my 35 miler finish in June I'm and looking forward to a much improved Megatransect this year.

Is it almost time to taper?

No comments: