Monday, August 04, 2008

JFK 50 Week 2 of 18

This week went a little better than last week. I sure miss my early morning runs in this heat. So far my mileage remains low enough that I'm only training with water and salt pills. My back to backs are going well right now, but the mileage is still pretty low.

For the week ending August 3:

Monday - off running but I did do some weight lifting
Tuesday - 6 miles trails
Wednesday - 9 miles
Thursday - 6 miles trails
Friday - off
Saturday - 12 miles
Sunday - 8 miles trails

Total - 41 miles


Yesterday I took a good look at cut off times and aid stations on the course. I feel confident if I can make the 34 mile checkpoint I'll be fine even if I'm using all of the allotted time. There is one stretch that has me a little concerned, but it's still early in my training. By the end of August I'm hoping to put together some times runs and start to think about race day strategy.

No comments: