Monday, July 28, 2008

JFK 50 Training Starts!


This is the year I turned 50, so I entered the JFK 50 Miler to celebrate. I'm bib # 141.

I've settled on a program with increasing back to back weekend long runs and a mid-week run between 9 and 13 miles. My runs are divided between trails (pictured above)and the paved county park with occasional long track runs to prepare for the monotony of the C & O Canal Towpath portion of the course. I have 2 races leading up to JFK, the Bald Eagle Mountain Megatransect and the Stone Steps 50K.


Week 1 of 18 is finished. No split times yet: I'm getting in the miles and will track splits beginning in September.

For the week ending July 27:

Monday- rest
Tuesday- 5 miles on the trails
Wednesday- 9 miles on the trails
Thursday- 6 miles in the park
Friday- rest
Saturday- 12 miles on the HS track
Sunday- 8 miles in the park

Total- 40 miles
Add 2 weight workouts on Tuesday and Thursday.

No comments: