Wednesday, November 05, 2008

JFK 50 Week 15 of 18

Not the big bang mileage week I hoped for, but my calf is feeling a lot better and I will settle for a 2-week taper and slightly shorter last long run this weekend. Yesterday and last night my calf was quite sore, but today it's a lot better.
Thank you Biofreeze and Motrin.

Total for the week is 23 miles.
Monday- off
Tuesday- 6
Wednesday- 2 and I hurt my right calf.
Thursday- off
Friday- off
Saturday- off but was on my feet literally all day at the MOC CC meet from 9-4:30 so I'm sure it helped my endurance some...
Sunday- 15 I had 12 on the trails and 3 on pavement. The pavement was a big a$$ mistake. As soon as I started I felt tight- it may have been the pavement but was more likely caused by the 10 minute drive when my muscles had a chance to lock up.

I have learned a lot, I think.

RR:

I can go a lot longer and more often than I thought I could.
Slower sometimes is better.
I am pretty happy with whatever is at the aid stations and always find something I can eat/drink.
Hand held bottles are the bomb once you get used to them.
On a trail you can wear black socks and look cool not dorky.
No matter how much time I put into trail running I'm still going to fall.
But I'd still rather be on a trail than anywhere else.
I'm definitely going to do another one.

NRR:


I said 'no' to some long-held jobs at church and it was fine.
Nothing usually happens after 9 pm (my bedtime, lately) that can't wait until I get up in the morning.
I'm only working 2 CC meets this season and I didn't miss a thing. I am a T&F geek at heart, I guess.

No comments: